Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A.P.E. Alternative Press Expo 2012

It's not often you get to receive spontaneous feedback live in person while drawing or painting. I was happy to sit and draw while waiting for visitors to my table at A.P.E. but what I didn't realize was that for so many people my drawing would be a conversation starter and sort of an ice breaker. I am still overwhelmed with the great response my art received and all the cool people I meet and awesome customers who either bought an original drawing or my comic book. Once again the artists at neighboring tables were extraordinary! I met Aaron who has an incredible hand. His drawings are amazing. You can view and inquire about his work on deviantart under the username Moaroar. I also met Shayna Why who makes really fantastic soft sculptures,paintings and hand bags in the likeness of human faces. My very first tee shirt sale went to Robin who's boyfriend had a table. He has incredible paintings and  books online at the Plainest Plane. I also met Maureen Burdock who has incredible art and  books at her web-site here http://www.maureenburdock.com/
I met way too many people to list here but was really humbled by talking to other artists who enjoyed my drawings and paintings. The A.P.E. experience was super amazing and I can't wait till next year. Here are a few photos from the Alternative Press Expo in San Francisco 2012.


2 comments:

miche said...

i do love reading about your expo experiences and seeing how your creative fire is continually stoked. i hope there are more expo on the horizon for 2012. i eagerly await the day the 'fire' becomes an inferno!!!

Storm1 said...

Thanks Miche! Oh there is a fire...